$1,150,000 Sold on 18 Oct 2019
'Glenbrook' - 12.1ha
103 G Hicks Road, Mount Pleasant
Welcome to Glenbrook – a place to leave the headaches of urban life behind to enjoy the simple pleasures of peace, nature and the great outdoors. Nestled amid a blissfully private rural environment, its a sanctuary and a playground rolled into one. Mature gardens frame the home that provides abundant water, quality shedding, 5kw solar and no neighbours – just you and the view!
An architectural collaboration has immersed 2 homes to create the option for guests & family to live together but apart in harmony. Originally a separate B&B, the cottage is full of country charm with exposed brick walls, a loft bedroom and open plan living on the lower level which also offers another bedroom, kitchenette & bathroom. The main residence spoils the householder with an impressive list of features. Dedicated solely to you, your private wing provides a master bedroom, huge walk in robe and bathroom with claw foot tub – it’s all here including your own study and wood heated sitting room.
Unimpeded views of the gardens provide a sense of being amid the seasons. Full length glass frames this colourful scene from both the kitchen, dining and everyday living area. Extensive cabinetry in the kitchen/dine area provides clever use of storage and is the central hub of this special property that also offers upper level studio/guest bedroom as well as a spacious lower level sports bar with large wall mounted TV and ¾ sized snooker table leading into sound proofed quality home theatre. Adults who love their pleasures, toys or to entertain will fit right in here! Wired for sound and geared to indulge your passions, lovers of home theatre, a game of snooker or serving your mates at the bar will be in their element. Tech orientated it offers super-fast NBN via Mesh, CBus controls plus surround sound indoors and out.
Adding to the private retreat vibe is the Swim spa and deck. With a stunning rural outlook, it’s the place for a glass of bubbles amid the bubbles. This adjoins an intimate outdoor BBQ /entertainment area that also overlooks the farm and gardens.
The scenic landscape offers flat to gently undulating countryside dotted with big gums. All useable and fenced into 6 paddocks, it provides a secure water supply from 3 dams, a picturesque winter creek and 80,000L of rainwater storage. Shedding is the last key component with a 6-car garage plus a large brick shed/stable complex. Manoeuvring and storing vehicles will be a dream with a circular driveway and flat ground all around the sheds & home.
Glenbrook provides an impressive list of features + technical specifications that will be appreciated by those who truly understand both their cost, use and function. Totally unique, this picturesque escape will allow you to truly retreat from the reality of life – what are you waiting for?
Home features and technical specifications:
- NBN and Mesh high speed internet. Foxtel etc all available.
- Sonos audio system with amplifiers and speakers throughout home (indoors & out)
- Resort style deck & Swim-spa. Non chlorinated, low maintenance. Corona filtration system.
- Home theatre with HD projector and full C Bus controlled (including curtain operation)
- Sports Bar and games room including ¾ size Snooker table.
- Upstairs provides ideal studio/craft area with living or extra bedroom.
- 3 slow combustion heaters – 1 in cottage & 2 in main home (one dual sided to heat opposing spaces).
- Fully ducted reverse cycle air conditioning system to main house.
- Under floor heating in main bathroom and laundry.
- Fully equipped, large laundry with ample floor to ceiling cupboards & built in ironing board.
- Kitchen provides a wood heated stove, modern electrical appliances, dishwasher and large walk-in pantry with room for fridge.
- 4 or 5 bedrooms (depending on floor plan use) + 5 separate living area’s
- 3 bathrooms and 3 toilets
- UMR – Guest cottage (suit B&B, studio or granny flat).
Gardens, shedding and external improvements:
- 6 car-garage (approx 12m x 11m) x3 roller doors, concrete floor & power.
- Brick shed (approx 14.5m x 7.8m) originally established with 4 horse stables (barn doors still in place). This structure includes a double carport (5.8m x 9.5m) + storage rooms. x2 Roller doors for front and side access.
- Sundry shedding for wood and garden use.
- Single phase power to home and shedding
- 5kw solar panel system
- Stainless steel gutter guard on house and car shed.
- Overall a massive 879 sqm of home/shedding/structures
Water and land details:
- 12.1 hectares of land.
- 3 dams (one large) equipped for stock and garden use.
- Winter creek flowing through property.
- 50,000 litre concrete tank and 30,000 litre rain water tank.
- 8 zone, fully automated garden sprinkler system.
- Annual rainfall approx. 750-800mm.
Location and region:
- Readily accessible to the Barossa Valley and river playgrounds of Mannum and Murray Bridge (approx 30 minutes).
- 1 hour from the Adelaide CBD.
- Roughly 35 minutes to Tea Tree Gully and Mt Barker.
- 5 minutes to Birdwood and it’s primary/high schools
*Whilst every endeavour has been made to verify the correct details in this marketing neither the agent, vendor or contracted illustrator take any responsibility for any omission, wrongful inclusion, misdescription or typographical error in this marketing material. Accordingly, all interested parties should make their own enquiries to verify the information provided.
The floor plan included in this marketing material is for illustration purposes only, all measurement are approximate and is intended as an artistic impression only. Any fixtures shown may not necessarily be included in the sale contract and it is essential that any queries are directed to the agent. Any information that is intended to be relied upon should be independently verified.