Ryecroft House - 2057sqm
114 Melrose Street, Mount Pleasant, SA 5235
*** INSPECTING PROPERTY WITH US: Please call to arrange a live digital inspection with Christine Morris on 0419 685 200. This service is available by appointment during the current COVID-19 environment. ***
Originally built in the 1860's, Ryecroft house is a stately stone and brick bungalow with an interesting past. Historically the local doctor's surgery and residence it has received a gorgeous interior renovation restoring it to a standard befitting todays modern needs. Stone stables and a shady big block add to a classic country picture that stirs interest and piques the curiosity.
Dreaming of the ultimate kitchen? Fall in love with a beautifully equipped showpiece that family life will revolve around effortlessly. Creative design offers a modern twist coupled with an old-world vibe - its divine! Wander from the kitchen into your private courtyard that's perfect for long lazy lunches surrounded by those you love.
An elegant entry offers polished jarrah floors, timber wainscoting and ornate ceilings. An impressive living room offers a fresh and spacious vibe complete large windows and soft natural light. Befitting the home, the master suite is also spacious with built in robes and located opposite a superb bathroom. A lux theme compliments the house standards and comes complete with a tub begging you to soak away the day's trouble.
Externally there is much to please the eye. Lawn, shady tree's and the simple pleasure of a big back yard. Retreat to the separate stone studio that is part of the original stables and relax away from the family if needed. There is scope to further develop this building which is full of character. A rustic garden shed and workshop add usefulness and interest to the yard which is securely fenced. With 2 road frontages it also offers easy rear access for parking and storage. Land division potential adds value but would be subject to normal consents.
All the things we love about history and stone homes are here - could this be your new dream house in the country?
Top 3 things the owner loves:
- History, privacy & space.
- Big back yard, flat with rear access.
- Studio - a perfect escape for creativity.
- Island kitchen bench, Smeg dishwasher and double enamel sink.
- Belling stove with gas cooktop and double electric ovens.
- 4 bedrooms plus study/dressing room.
- Built in robes and good storage options.
- Big country style laundry with 2nd toilet.
- 5 split system air conditioners.
- Slow combustion wood heater and decorative fireplaces.
- Original house bell system is still in the hallway.
- No expense spared in replacing the roof on all the buildings.
- Private courtyard with pergola and paving.
- Paved rear pergola overlooking gardens.
- Historic stables converted to artist studio (5.4m x 4m) plus storage area (7.5m x 4.2m).
- Garden shed (3.8m x 2m)
- Workshop (5.9m x 5.5m) no power.
- Fenced secure yard for children and pets.
- 2057 sqm block with front and rear access.
- Mains water connected.
*Whilst every endeavour has been made to verify the correct details in this marketing neither the agent, vendor or contracted illustrator take any responsibility for any omission, wrongful inclusion, misdescription or typographical error in this marketing material. Accordingly, all interested parties should make their own enquiries to verify the information provided.
The floor plan included in this marketing material is for illustration purposes only, all measurement are approximate and is intended as an artistic impression only. Any fixtures shown may not necessarily be included in the sale contract and it is essential that any queries are directed to the agent. Any information that is intended to be relied upon should be independently verified.
- Slow Combustion Wood Heater
- Air Conditioning