Settlers cottage – Huge shedding – 37 HA
131 Humbles Road, Springton
*** INSPECTING PROPERTY WITH US: Please call to arrange a live digital inspection with Christine Morris on 0419 685 200. This service is available by appointment during the current COVID-19 environment. ***
Tucked away from the world in a quiet valley of its own “Sunny Hollow” will surprise and delight. Fully renovated and extended, the settler’s cottage is charming. Your dream farm shed is here, there is an impressive water supply plus an income opportunity from the olive grove and grazing sheep.
If you love the outback this is the spot for you with its rugged landscape providing a magnificent backdrop to the gully below. It’s here that you will find the cottage beneath the shade of many mature trees on the banks of a winter creek. Country style is evident with textured walls, flag stone flooring, rustic beams and the glow of a wood fire. Connect to that beautiful outdoors landscape in the main living area with endless glass windows providing a wonderful, open vibe. There is a modern bathroom, galley kitchen with original wood stove, 3 bedrooms plus a cute outdoors laundry with 2nd toilet. Features include stone hearths, open fireplaces and a shady front verandah.
Fenced and secure, the home yard has character aspects like dry stone walling and the original stone lined well. Your future will include summer BBQ’s beneath shady trees or winter yarns shared with those you love around the glow of a dedicated fire pit, staring at the star filled sky.
Beautiful, rugged and useful, the land is a mix of cleared grazing and rocky outcrops that provide ideal shelter for sheep during inclement weather. Another interesting aspect is the olive grove. Now in its 17th year, it has a history of producing award winning oil plus table olives. Varieties are listed below. If you are excited by sheds this one is brand new. Measuring 18m x 9.8m x 3.6m it has a fully concreted floor and 3 roller doors. Other improvements include sheep yards with a shelter shed providing essential shade when shearing plus the normal farm outbuildings for your wood, chooks & dogs. Water is final essential piece to any property puzzle and this property has it covered with a whopping 245,000 litres of tank storage plus a bore, water licence, dam and winter creek. What a great place to escape to!
Top 3 things the owner loves:
- Living the quiet life in this magical piece of Australian landscape.
- Space, safety & freedom for children to play/explore.
- Bird & wildlife – kangaroo, koala, echidna, turtles, kookaburras, tawny frogmouth owls, wedgetail eagles – the list goes on!
- Impressive shed – 18m x 9m x3.6m high. X3 roller doors, concrete floor. - - Power being used via cord from nearby bore.
- Small wood shed.
- Sheep yards & shed.
- Chook yard/vege area with water tap.
- Dog yard and shelter area.
- Cubby house.
- BBQ area – stone feature.
- Fenced secure yard for kids and dogs.
- Water licence – small allocation of 4450kl included in sale.
- Quality bore yielding 4.5 litres per second.
- Bore water header tank. Concrete, approx. 100,000 litres up on hill.
- X4 poly rain water tanks – 22,500 each – approx. total 100,000 litres.
- X2 additional tanks – 22,500 each – for olive watering. Approx total 45,000 litres.
- Winter watercourse and dam.
- Stone lined well – the original source of water for cottage.
- Fenced into 6 paddocks, 5 have water points.
- Fenced for sheep, partly set up with electric fencing – not currently connected.
- Mature olive grove – approx. 17 years old.
- Barossa Council rates approx. $1400 per annum.
Olive grove information:
- Olive varieties – Leccino, Frantoio, Jumbo Kalamata, Kalamatas, Manzinello, Mission and Pendolino. Approx 1330 trees.
- Olive yields depend on seasonal variations and management. Varieties are suitable for oil production or tables olives depending on your preference.
General things of interest:
- Rubbish collection is available at the end of the road on an “opt in” basis.
- Satellite internet is available.
- Water filter on bore.
*Whilst every endeavour has been made to verify the correct details in this marketing neither the agent, vendor or contracted illustrator take any responsibility for any omission, wrongful inclusion, misdescription or typographical error in this marketing material. Accordingly, all interested parties should make their own enquiries to verify the information provided.
The floor plan included in this marketing material is for illustration purposes only, all measurement are approximate and is intended as an artistic impression only. Any fixtures shown may not necessarily be included in the sale contract and it is essential that any queries are directed to the agent. Any information that is intended to be relied upon should be independently verified.