SOLD on the 1st December 2020 $1,250,000
Total Seclusion, Stone farmhouse – 40 HA
Positioned at the end of a no through road, "The Wattles" is a substantial stone farmhouse bordered by sweeping gardens amid a private, tranquil location. If you seek a secluded retreat with reliable water, shedding, and acres of space for you and the 4-legged family – you have found it.
A quiet existence beckons here amid walls that provide country comfort and relaxed living spaces. It is a place to entertain those you love or simply retreat and restore. Recently renovated, the kitchen is the heart of this home. Granite benchtops frame a sparkling Falcon oven coupled with country-styled cabinetry to complete an attractive picture. With 5 bedrooms and 5 living areas, there is room for everyone.
In terms of living zones, you are spoiled for choice. A favourite might be the sunny lounge nook with its wood fire and peaceful garden view. Another is the entertainment room with large picture windows - perfect for a special event providing a sense of indoor/outdoor living via glass sliders. If formal dining is essential, a roaring open fire will help set the stage for dinner parties that migrate into the billiard/family room.
Summer pool parties and a casual game of tennis are part of your weekend fun to come. Wide verandahs offer the perfect retreat for adults whilst curious children explore the natural haven the grounds provide. Garden aficionados will relish the existing framework that only a mature garden can give. Views across the rolling hills add another dimension to this already picturesque location.
Currently used for grazing sheep and horses, it borders the local forest extending your opportunity for pleasure riding and other outdoor activities. Divided into 14 paddocks, the land is gently sloping land and features a small pocket of hilly remnant scrub. Improvements include 7 horse shelters, a round yard, 25m x 12m shed, undercover parking for 3 vehicles plus sundry shedding. Water is secure with a quality bore pumping 5000gph, 2 dams, 150,000 litres of tank storage and reliable rainfall.
Historically, "The Wattles" was established by the Pontt family to breed sheep and cultivate wattles for the local mill. Exploring this holding is essential to uncover its deep sense of connection, history, family and ties to the land. Total privacy awaits – is this your long-sought rural Nirvana?
Top 3 things the owner loves:
• Tranquillity & sense of space in both home & gardens.
• Local history of the property and its story.
• Escape - The feeling of being on permanent holiday at home!
• 5 separate living areas disposed as two lounges, formal dining, family/billiards room and the recent addition of an entertaining pavilion with garden views.
• 2 bathrooms including ensuite to main with walk-in robe. 3 toilets.
• 5 bedrooms + study.
• Separate laundry.
• Generous shady verandahs
• X2 slow combustion heaters, gas fire to lounge/library .an open fire and several Victorian coal grates.
• X2 Split system air conditioner
• In-ground concrete tiled pool. Salt chlorinated & fully fenced.
• Original 1930's tennis court – suit family fun only.
• Established veggie patch with raised beds & fruit trees.
• Irrigation system to parts of the garden.
• Cast iron entry gates and feature stone walls.
• Secured front entrance via electronic gate/keypad entry.
Farm shedding, horse improvements & land:
• Main shed approx 80x40ft with part concrete floor and single-phase power.
• Sheep holding yards.
• Fenced into 14 paddocks, mostly ring lock and barb.
• Garden/workshop shed.
• Stone fronted shed for wood.
• Collection of aviaries.
• 3 single carports one with adjoining tack shed.
• x7 horse shelters, 3 with yards.
• Round yard with a sand base, timber post and rail fence.
• Sheep carrying capacity approx. 200 ewes and during lambing season approx. 150-180 lambs.
• Approx 75,000 litres of rainwater.
• Stone bore water tank – approx 75,000 litres.
• Equipped, quality bore water. Approx 5000gph.
• Winter creek traverse's property
• 2 stock dams.
• Annual rainfall approx. 750 – 800mm
*Whilst every endeavour has been made to verify the correct details in this marketing neither the agent, vendor or contracted illustrator take any responsibility for any omission, wrongful inclusion, misdescription or typographical error in this marketing material. Accordingly, all interested parties should make their own enquiries to verify the information provided.
The floor plan included in this marketing material is for illustration purposes only, all measurement are approximate and is intended as an artistic impression only. Any fixtures shown may not necessarily be included in the sale contract and it is essential that any queries are directed to the agent. Any information that is intended to be relied upon should be independently verified.