Sold on 8th of June 2021
"Cambrai" - Approx 3000 sqm on 2 Titles
What a rarity! Located in a quiet side street, this C1920 stone charmer might have you at "hello". Nestled amid mature gardens, the property enjoys a scenic hills outlook, 2 separate titles, shedding and rear access from Hop Hill Lane. It is quite the package!
Developers will see something ripe for the picking. Home & garden aficionados will simply want to call "Cambrai" home. No matter your preference, it's a property that will stir creative excitement on many levels for different reasons.
The residence and shed are located on approx. 1700sqm with access from Post Office Road. The adjoining vacant block is approx. 1300sqm. Both parcels are zoned township and sub-dividable (subj council consents). Superbly located on the township edge, it is a property that is bursting with an opportunity both creatively and financially.
Shaded by a wide verandah, this classic stone residence harks back to a time when homes were made to last. Whilst some work is still required, it is move-in ready allowing you to ponder your future endeavours.
Improvements include a solid brick extension that has been rendered to match the front stone portion. The interior offers large rooms, high ceilings and polished floorboards. Several open fireplaces remain but are not in use. Whilst the home has been freshly painted inside, there is still freedom to improve key areas like the kitchen or slightly retro 70's bathroom.
Garden lovers will delight at the vast array of plant life here. Unique trees include a Ginko, rhododendrons, magnolias, camellias and an abundance of flowering bulbs. It is truly a garden of seasonal surprise that awaits. Has the time for hills living finally arrived?
Top 3 things the owner loves:
• Privacy & tranquillity of mature gardens.
• Grounded vibe of a 100yo old stone home.
• Township facilities & community spirit.
• Spacious lounge with open fireplace.
• Galley kitchen with garden views. Dishwasher, electric stove & dbl pantry.
• Family living/dining area with slow combustion heater.
• Rear sunroom – ideal office/dine or 4th bedroom.
• Master bedroom has a full wall of b.i. robes.
• Three open fires places (2 sealed & not in use).
• Garage – 9m x 6m. Concrete floor & power.
• Wood & garden shedding.
• Wide rear verandah with concrete base – gorgeous views!
Services & legal information:
• Mains water + 45,000L rainwater plumbed to house.
• Modular tank for kitchen rainwater supply.
• 3000L underground tank for emergencies.
• Mains sewer is connected to the house.
• Single phase power to the house.
• Both zoned "Township" – Adelaide Hills Council.
• Residence - Lot 66 in CT V: 5801 F:9 approx 1700sqm
• Vacant Land – Lot 35 in CT V: 5801 F: 10 – approx. 1300sqm
Due to Covid-19 requirements, all people who intend to inspect this property must register by email. Please supply ALL attendee names, mobile, email & suburb. Thank you for your understanding & assistance.
*Whilst every endeavour has been made to verify the correct details in this marketing neither the agent, vendor or contracted illustrator take any responsibility for any omission, wrongful inclusion, misdescription or typographical error in this marketing material. Accordingly, all interested parties should make their own enquiries to verify the information provided.
The floor plan included in this marketing material is for illustration purposes only, all measurement are approximate and is intended as an artistic impression only. Any fixtures shown may not necessarily be included in the sale contract and it is essential that any queries are directed to the agent. Any information that is intended to be relied upon should be independently verified.