Sold on 25 Mar 2020
Location – rural views – city conveniences! Approx 8000sqm
1862 North East Road, Houghton
Tired of being hemmed in by the neighbours? Craving space, views and enough land to allow the kids and pets to run free? Located 5 minutes from the suburbs this property offers the peaceful simplicity of country living amid 2 acres of blissful space. Bordered by established gardens the brick residence is perfectly situated to embrace scenic rural views and comes with good shedding plus a solar system.
Entertaining on the front deck will become a family favourite enabling you to breathe in that fresh air and soak up the amazing outlook. Wander into the residence and you will find large picture windows that allow the sunshine and light inside to the main living area. Wonderfully spacious, there is room for the lounge and a billiard table. This area adjoins an immaculately presented kitchen and a dining area big enough to accommodate an 8-10 seat dining table. Warmed by a slow combustion heater it’s the perfect space to entertain those you love.
Rest and recharge in the huge master suite which has direct access to the front deck. You will love the large walk through robe and huge en-suite complete with the luxury of a spa bath. The remaining 2 bedrooms are spacious and well presented. There is also a combined 2nd bathroom/laundry.
Sustainability is achievable here with plenty of room for a large veggie patch given the guarantee of mains water. There is ample room for a caravan or boat beneath the purpose-built carport that adjoins the workshop plus under cover parking for 2 vehicles next to the home.
Here is the gateway to hills living with all of the fringe benefits that city life offers on your doorstep. Is this the opportunity you have been waiting for?
Top 3 things the owner loves:
- Stunning, unimpeded rural views. It’s a gorgeous outlook!
- The freedom that only 2 acres can provide.
- Suburban facilities 5 minutes from home.
- Circa 1977 brick veneer home with extension completed in 1998.
- 3 bed, 2 bath, 2 living. Large walk in pantry/store room.
- Approx 201 sqm of living space plus outdoor balcony/pergola adding an extra 100sqm!
- Slow combustion heating, 2 wall air conditioning units & multiple ceiling fans.
- Low maintenance flooring throughout home.
- Electric upright stove, 6 hotplates, large capacity oven.
- External roller shutters to majority of windows.
- Single phase power to residence. 3-phase is on a power pole on property.
Shedding, solar, water & more:
- Workshop/shed approx. 8.4m x 6.6m with concrete floor & power. This includes a sectioned off area for lawn mowers & garden equipment.
- Adjoining shed is a van/carport approx. 9.8m x 6.15 with high clearance.
- Carport adjoining house (approx. 6.7m x 7.2m).
- Front timber deck (approx. 14.6 x 4.7m).
- Side pergola approx. (7.4 x 4.2m)
- Solar system with .58c rebate until 2028.
- Established gardens, wood/garden shed and fernery area.
- 2 rain-water tanks. Mains water connected.