$325,000 Sold on 20 Dec 2019
Township edge, flat ½ acre block.
198 Melrose, Mount Pleasant
Tucked away behind beautifully established, leafy gardens this neat brick home is going to make someone very happy! Located on the township border with excellent shedding and a half an acre of usable land it’s the perfect spot to call home.
Freshly painted and with brand new carpets, the residence emits a warm, welcoming vibe centred around family life. Nestled in the heart of this home is a fabulous kitchen that anyone with a passion for cooking will love. Abundant storage, plenty of workable bench space and a nice garden view framed by a bay window complete an attractive package.
Adjoining is the dining area that overlooks the side patio and a comfy lounge room that is bordered by pretty leadlight windows. Raked timber ceilings provide a sense of space and add to that country feel. Sleeping quarters are divided into a spacious master bedroom with built in robes and direct access to the main bathroom. Beds 2 & 3 are located at the other end of the home near the laundry and toilet facilities.
Enjoy year round entertaining beneath the pergola that overlooks perfumed roses and out to the gardens beyond. A built in BBQ area is already set up under the rear verandah and there is a great spot to cultivate shade loving plants beneath the side pergola. Mature leafy tree’s border the grounds which includes fruit trees that will provide the gratifying experience of “growing your own”. There is even a cubby house for the kids and a veggie patch.
Anyone keen on shedding will like what they see here. Measuring approximately 9m x 7m, this shed provides room for vehicles or the home workshop plus there is an additional storage shed behind it. Importantly there is lots of room to move your cars and toys around as the area is flat and useable. Other improvements include a garden/woodshed, cubby house and special provision for the family dogs with their own yard/shelter.
Ideally positioned near the township edge, the property offers a sense of space combined with a rural feel. Mt Pleasant is a vibrant country community with an enormous amount on offer – come and check it out!
Top 3 things the owner loves:
- Property location on edge of town & mature gardens.
- Shedding & big useable back yard.
- Mt Pleasant community & facilities.
Residence & general information:
- Circa 1980 brick veneer residence.
- 3 bedrooms, bathroom, separate laundry & toilet.
- Open plan kitchen/dining/living area.
- Split system air conditioner in main living area.
- Slow combustion heater with ducted heat transfer system
- Electric hot water service.
- Phone and internet services available.
- Barossa Council current rates $441.00 per quarter.
- Main shed approx. 9m x 7m. Single phase power. Concrete base.
- Second storage shed, appro 7m x 6m. Dirt floor. Enclosed on 2 sides.
- Garden shed, approx. 6m x 3m with power and concrete floor.
- Dog shed and holding yard.
- Carport, approx. 9m x 3.5m. Paved base. Adjoins home.
- Pergola with paved base. Approx 6m x 6m.
- Mains water & rainwater both connected.
- 3 r/w tanks (x1 22,500L, x2 3000L – Approx total 28,500 litres)
- Septic tank and soakage trench.
Key township facilities:
- Primary school & kindergarten.
- Hospital, doctor’s clinic & chemist.
- Local farmers market down the street.
- Sporting clubs (tennis, footy, bowls, pony club etc)
- Men’s shed & theatre groups.
- Two hotels plus bottle shop.
- Butcher, book shop, recycle shop and more!
*Whilst every endeavour has been made to verify the correct details in this marketing neither the agent, vendor or contracted illustrator take any responsibility for any omission, wrongful inclusion, misdescription or typographical error in this marketing material. Accordingly, all interested parties should make their own enquiries to verify the information provided.
The floor plan included in this marketing material is for illustration purposes only, all measurement are approximate and is intended as an artistic impression only. Any fixtures shown may not necessarily be included in the sale contract and it is essential that any queries are directed to the agent. Any information that is intended to be relied upon should be independently verified.