Sold on 23rd April 2021 for $850,000
Architectural 2 storey stone residence.
When attention to detail matters… Stunning stone works, captivating gardens and a vine-covered terrace form part of the story surrounding this historic residence amid ½ an acre of picturesque grounds.
Incorporating a significant original township dwelling, the authentic restoration of the 1850's stone cottage connects with an extensive architectural stone addition creating a seamless blend of old with new. Graciously spread over 300sqm the residence encompasses north facing living and provides abundant room for the growing family.
Custom made, the Sheoak country kitchen provides stainless steel benchtops, European appliances and stone flooring. Avid wine collectors may find the adjoining underground cellar an intriguing proposition. Dry and fully restored it awaits your treasured collection. A connecting gallery with floor to ceiling glass and rock maple parquetry extends into a spacious north facing main lounge. The passive solar design ensures year-round comfort and a view that calms the soul.
Upstairs you will find a peaceful retreat that is your new master suite enjoying extended garden views through triple French windows. It's the ideal spot to relax and unwind away from the ground level of family life. In total, there are 4 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms and 3 living rooms one of which is the ultimate work from home office. With 52sqm of operational space, this area is framed by porcelain flooring, exposed beams and garden views via double French doors to the terrace. A sublime part of the residence guaranteed to produce some of your best work.
Framed by a Georgian façade, the 1850's cottage provides a space independent of the main 2 storey home. 2.9m ceilings feature, there is a spacious bedroom, contemporary bathroom and large wood heated lounge. Street frontage may also present a work from home opportunity or quaint B&B proposition.
The aesthetic beauty of this property is hard to capture. Bordered by a pretty winter creek it is a place that encapsulates hills living amid the charm of this historic township and it's intriguing streetscape. Unique in every way it is now available for the next lucky custodian. Will that be you?
Top 3 things the owners love:
• Beautiful historic township setting with a great community.
• Very private garden setting with a spacious family home.
• Surrounded by and central to the Adelaide Hills environment, facilities and lifestyle.
• Authentically restored and fully updated including roofing, plumbing and wiring. Two storey extension approximately 20 years young.
• High spec interior fit-out.
• Full sized laundry with floor to ceiling storage incl. new HWS.
• Boot room with separate powder room including a toilet.
• Two double downstairs bedrooms with built-in robes/desks.
• Provision for hydronic heating through the main build.
• Plumbing provision for a 3rd upstairs bathroom.
• Quality hardware throughout including solid hardwood doors & cabinet timbers.
• Split system reverse cycle air conditioners to office and master suite.
• Miele dishwasher included in the sale – fridge optional.
• Approx ½ acre garden allotment (2082sqm) that features extensive stone works.
• Vine covered terrace and entertainment area.
• Double stone garage (42sqm) with storage loft (24sqm) and remote auto roller doors.
• Accessible courtyard parking with room to extend parking or shedding.
• Mains water and small rainwater tank.
• Septic system connected to town common effluent.
• NBN for the internet – excellent speed.
Due to Covid-19 requirements, all people who intend to inspect this property must register by email. Please supply ALL attendee names, mobile, email & suburb. Thank you for your understanding & assistance.
*Whilst every endeavour has been made to verify the correct details in this marketing neither the agent, vendor or contracted illustrator take any responsibility for any omission, wrongful inclusion, misdescription or typographical error in this marketing material. Accordingly, all interested parties should make their own enquiries to verify the information provided.
The floor plan included in this marketing material is for illustration purposes only, all measurement are approximate and is intended as an artistic impression only. Any fixtures shown may not necessarily be included in the sale contract and it is essential that any queries are directed to the agent. Any information that is intended to be relied upon should be independently verified.