$720,000 Sold on 06 Dec 2019
Springfield Lodge – 5.58 HA
44 Leske Road, Birdwood
It’s a well-known fact that the best lifestyle properties are positioned away from noisy roads, have refreshing views and plenty of water. ‘Springfield Lodge’ is no exception with a quiet country location down a picturesque side road and no neighbours. Here you will find a charming cottage, shedding and the added bonus of a separate self-contained studio. It’s an intriguing package worthy of investigation.
Refreshed for the market, the cottage provides both comfort and a place for personal retreat. The kitchen is at the heart of this home that provides open plan living, natural light and picturesque views. With 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms & a study there is ample space. Alas, if you love to entertain or have hobbies there is more to explore.
An exciting proposition is the old dairy complex offering significant self-contained facilities. It’s ideal for a studio or guests who don’t quite fit into the main residence. A warm and inviting space, it must be seen first-hand to truly appreciate its welcoming features.
Horse lovers will adore the gently sloping countryside, healthy pastures and picturesque gums. Fenced into 3 main paddocks it is currently used for horses but will suit other stock. Whatever your preference, water is never going to be an issue with mains, rain & bore water all on site. Shedding on the property is spacious allowing room for farm implements, hay or storing your choice of toys (caravan, boat, horse float/truck). There are a couple of basic stables here for the kid’s ponies and a flat work area for the more committed equestrian types.
‘Springfield Lodge’ has the magic hat trick = location, location, location. Couple this with lifestyle, superb views and utter peace - what more could you wish for?
• Open plan kitchen, dining & living area.
• Spacious kitchen with walk in pantry and breakfast bar
• En-Suite to master bedroom
• 3 bedrooms + study or 4th bedroom
• Separate laundry and rear entrance/boot room.
Improvements & shedding:
• Studio complex including Balinese hut – refer site/floor plan.
• Hay/store shed with high clearance and 2 stables. Approx 12.3 x 16.8m. Enclosed on 2.5 sides.
• Multi-purpose main shed incorporating workshop (10.5 x 9.7m approx.), tack room (10.5m x 4.8m) plus adjoining stable & store areas (refer plan).
• Single garage (approx. 7.7 x 4.2m) with adjoining lean to (approx. 7.7 x 3.8m).
• Flat work horse arena – approximately 48m x25m.
• Enviro-cycle septic system.
• Mains water connected.
• Equipped bore with header tank.
• Two rain water tanks.