$760,000 Sold on 14 Feb 2020
27.74ha - 10kw solar - Mains water
589 Burfords Hill Road, Mount Torrens
Nestled in a fertile valley bordered by rolling farmland dotted with big gums “Lakota Farm” is an ideal horse/cattle property complete with a renovated, converted dairy. Key features include a 10kw solar system with battery, guaranteed water, dressage arena, round yard, stables and shedding.
Privately situated overlooking the farm, the 3 bedroom home enjoys a real sense of peace. An attractive package, it provides all the expected comforts. Exposed beams and rustic timber ceilings feature in the central living area whilst western red cedar windows frame relaxing rural views. A classic country kitchen/dine provides masses of cupboard & bench space plus there is a modernised bathroom and separate laundry/boot room - essential for farm life. Surrounded by wide grassy verges, the house enjoys a large outdoor entertaining area. It’s the perfect spot to kick back, enjoy a drink & watch your stock grazing beneath the setting sun.
Designed for ease of use and manageability, the farm is fenced into 6 main paddocks including a productive hay paddock plus 4 smaller ones with shelters. Overall, the farm has been well maintained with horse proof fencing and regular applications of super & lime providing sound pastures. Tucked away in the rear corner is a gorgeous piece of bush land – your own private sanctuary. Alive with the sound of wildlife it provides a peaceful walk or secure trail riding track complete with resident kangaroos & an endless supply of firewood.
Extensive farm shedding includes a large implement shed, the old hay barn with adjoining storage sheds, x3 stables with tack & feed room + more (details below). Water will never worry you again as the farm offers mains water, a large picturesque dam and the added bonus of an unequipped bore plus a rain water tank.
Neat, sweet & complete, all the hard work is done. A fantastic lifestyle beckons here, grab your saddle and check it out!
Horse facilities, shedding & general improvements:
• Dressage arena – approx. 60m x 20 with sand & rubber base. Post & rail fenced.
• X3 Stables with tack room with power (approx. 11.2m x 8.1m) + adjoining yard.
• Private riding track through the scrub.
• Post & rail round yard with sand base.
• Hot water wash down bay & horse crush with foal compartment for mare insemination and veterinary work.
• Original hay barn (8m x 6m) with adjoining store sheds. Power & dirt base.
• Adjoining sheds (6.9m x4.6m), (5.5m x 4.6 - power), (5.9m x 4.6m power)
• Large implement/hay shed (approx. 15m x 7.4m) dirt base, no power.
• 6 shelter sheds (x3 large, x3 small) in horse paddocks.
• Steel cattle yards/ramp.
• Solar powered electric entrance gate.
• Hay paddock (yield of 18 round bales last year)
• Mains water to all stock troughs.
• Large picturesque dam.
• Unequipped bore (never used by owner).
• Concrete rain-water tank (not in use) and additional water tank for garden water.
• Circa 1992 solid construction residence.
• Built in robes in all bedrooms.
• 10kw solar system with “Sonnen” battery.
• 3 phase power to meter. Single phase to home.
• x5 split system r/c air conditions.
• Slow combustion heater to lounge.
• NBN internet to office nook. Netflix/Foxtel avail.
• Electric oven, gas hot plates & Miele dishwasher.
• Heated towel rail to bathroom.
• Paved pergola (approx 11.3m x 5.3m)
• Adjoining carport (approx. 5.3m x 5.3m)
*Whilst every endeavour has been made to verify the correct details in this marketing neither the agent, vendor or contracted illustrator take any responsibility for any omission, wrongful inclusion, misdescription or typographical error in this marketing material. Accordingly, all interested parties should make their own enquiries to verify the information provided.
The floor plan included in this marketing material is for illustration purposes only, all measurement are approximate and is intended as an artistic impression only. Any fixtures shown may not necessarily be included in the sale contract and it is essential that any queries are directed to the agent. Any information that is intended to be relied upon should be independently verified.