$383,000 Sold on 19 Dec 2019
Escape to the country! 8.09HA
63 Deanes Road, Mount Pleasant
Superb opportunity to secure a quiet, hills retreat with no close neighbours amid a scenic rural landscape. Located 2kms from the township and on the cusp the Barossa Valley this one is definitely worth a visit!
Living off grid is no longer a trend, but more a conscious choice. Saving money on power, water and heating are now top of mind when considering a tree change. This property offers the chance to get your foot in the door with a neat mudbrick cottage that would ideally suit a smaller residence or very nice weekender. The interior provides light filled open plan living with pretty views at every window and adjoins a nice kitchen/dine. This area is warmed by a wood heater. Given the extensive supply of naturally falling timber your heating bills will be non-existent! There are 2 reasonable sized bedrooms plus a neat bathroom/laundry facility. Freshly painted both inside and out it has also had new floor coverings installed making it "move-in" ready.
A picturesque landscape offers flat to gently sloping paddocks with natural pastures and a good cover of magnificent gum trees. If you love moss rocks, there are some fabulous specimens on this property plus a couple of dams for stock and domestic use. Nestled amid 20acres, the cottage has a mature fruit tree orchard, but some TLC is required.
All of the bones are here for that long considered escape – what are you waiting for?
Top 3 things the owner loves:
1) Peace and tranquillity.
2) Off grid living & the joy of no bills!
3) Magnificent ancient gum trees.
- Circa 1984 mud brick and timber frame construction.
- 2 bedrooms and open plan living. Approx 9ft ceilings.
- Combined bathroom/laundry facility.
- Nectre sc wood heater with water jacket for water heating.
- House wired for a 240-volt system, but can use a 12-volt lighting system. Note: mains power not connected.
- Solar power (in need of upgrade) with battery system.
- 2.5amp petrol generator – solar backup.
- Two stock water dams (one syphoning to a storage tank for yard use).
- Two concrete tanks, approximately 16,000 gallons of rainwater.
- Small header tank supplying rainwater to house. Approx 500 litres.
Shedding & farm information:
- Lockable tractor shed (approx. 6m x 3.8m) with concrete floor.
- Small garden/wood-shed with concrete floor & verandah.
- Fenced into several paddocks.
- Barossa Council $1,530.40 per annum.
- No water charges and no electricity costs!
*Whilst every endeavour has been made to verify the correct details in this marketing neither the agent, vendor or contracted illustrator take any responsibility for any omission, wrongful inclusion, misdescription or typographical error in this marketing material. Accordingly, all interested parties should make their own enquiries to verify the information provided.
The floor plan included in this marketing material is for illustration purposes only, all measurement are approximate and is intended as an artistic impression only. Any fixtures shown may not necessarily be included in the sale contract and it is essential that any queries are directed to the agent. Any information that is intended to be relied upon should be independently verified.