$1,400,000 Sold on 09 Feb 2019
Barossa Bluestone Beauty on 2 Titles - 30.4 Ha
661 Craneford Road, Flaxman Valley
Nestled in the Barossa high country, "Avon Brae" is a rural estate guaranteed to set hearts a flutter. A sense of old-world elegance and finesse gently makes its presence felt upon arrival here.
Restored and extended by the current owners, the historic stone residence sits resplendent amid a cool oasis of lush lawns and peaceful gardens. Representing a lifestyle second to none, it offers a viable sheep farm with quality horse facilities, extensive shedding, exceptional water and 2 titles.
The dappled shade of a mature Golden Elm sets the stage for a summer of garden parties and holidays to remember. Manicured lawns combined with shade of mature trees provide a cool retreat for everyone after a game of tennis or leisurely swim in the pool. Extended in 2000, an architectural addition has seamlessly melded old with new. Testament to its country splendor, enormous windows frame peaceful views in the main living area. A cathedral ceiling and a wood fire warm the space making for relaxed family entertaining but on a grand scale if required. Bold in white, the kitchen is the hub of this space which is sure to impress but the cellar will have you at hello. Providing 332sqm of living, the expected traditional features are present throughout the original 5br residence with high ceilings, generous rooms and all the things we admire about classic country homes.
Despite its obvious beauty, the property also provides viable sheep farming maintaining its primary production status. Fences are in excellent condition and so are the pastures. Ancient majestic red gums grace a gently sloping landscape dotted with moss rocks and traversed by a tributary of the Marne river. Horse lovers will appreciate the serenity of a dressage arena framed by mature trees and quality facilities for their pampered equines.
Water is abundant with the supply secured from various sources. Bordered by reeds, the dam is a haven for birdlife and permanently revitalized by its own natural spring. A cool climate provides consistent rainfall stored in numerous tanks and there is the unusual bonus of mains water.
Avon Brae is a green sanctuary nestled in classic Australian landscape. Located in the heart of the Eden Valley and part of the world-renowned Barossa wine region, this historic estate is a rarity indeed.
Residence & gardens:
- Majority bluestone construction (C1900) with architectural extension (C2000).
- Stunning open plan lounge family/dine/kitchen area + separate family room
- 5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, study, laundry & impressive underground cellar.
- Fully ducted reverse cycle air conditioning throughout home.
- Slow combustion heating plus original open fires.
- In-ground, solar heated salt chlorinated pool + tennis court.
- Fully automated irrigation system for gardens.
- Monitored security system.
- Permanent Spring fed dam with pressure pump.
- Mains water.
- Extensive rainwater storage in 4 tanks (170,000L).
- Winter creek traverses the land.
Shedding & Improvements:
- Implement shed (approx. 18m x 9.1m). Concrete floor, 3 phase power with an A/C, insulated office and dedicated land line.
- Adjoining wash bay with bunded base & tank plus bunded fuel bay.
- 3 stand shearing shed with adjoining yards and loading ramp.
- General purpose storage shed/workshop with leanto.
- Triple garage (approx. 9m x12m) with concrete floor, automatic roller doors, power ,attached wood shed & separate tack room.
- Utility shed (approx. 10.8 x 6m) with concrete floor and power.
- Zen solar system. 10 panels with high feed-in tariff.
- 3 phase power to residence, implement & shearing sheds.
- Stable block (9m x 9m) consisting of:
o Two quality stables (4m x 4.5m each) with concrete floors and self-waterers, each with timber fenced day yards
o Undercover hard stands
o Feed store under main roof (2m x 9m) with access to feeders in each stable
- Concrete wash-down pad with horse crush adjacent to secure tack room
- Olympic size dressage arena (60m x 20m) with shell-grit base, fully tree lined.
Land and titles:
- 2 separate titles.
- Residence and all improvements on 22.5 Hectares.
- Adjoining vacant land comprising 7.9 Hectares.
- Quality fencing suited to sheep & horses including 5 paddocks, all watered.