Sold on 16th of June 2021
Stone B&B + residence – 16.5 HA
Rarely does an opportunity to secure something of this nature present itself to the property market. "The Coach House" was originally designed to house a team of Clydesdale horses that pulled brewery drays. Today, it provides heritage style B&B accommodation, stables, and a shed complex that's sure to impress. Equally charming, the original C1880's stone home is nestled amid mature tree gardens. Notable improvements include a dressage arena, inground swimming pool, stone outbuildings, additional shedding, and mains water.
Sympathetically extended, the residence retains key period features like high ceilings, OFP's and windows that frame colourful autumn views. Country themed, the kitchen is centred around a stunning "Belling" stove and fitted with Miele appliances. It is the heart of this welcoming homestead that flows around to a homely dining area warmed by a Scandinavian wood stove. Living areas include the formal dining and rear lounge that overlooks the garden to farmland beyond. Sleeping quarters are spacious, the main bathroom is well-appointed, and the outdoors laundry doubles as the perfect mudroom with 2nd toilet. Bordered by mature gardens the home offers secure, fenced areas for children and pets. Summers will be spent by the pool or under the shade of the garden gazebo enjoying the pretty views.
Running a country B&B is the dream of many and here that vision may come to life. Romantic in every way it features exposed stone walls, raked ceilings and is completely independent from the main homestead. It is fully furnished and operational with its own kitchen, bathroom & separate bedroom. Earn an income, spoil loved ones or use it as a studio – the choices are many.
Historically used for horses and cattle, there is 40 acres of prime, gently sloping countryside for grazing of any kind. Fenced into 4 paddocks there is stock water from the dam or the guarantee of a mains supply. Ardent equestrians will love the full-size dressage arena with its stunning outlook and easy access to the stable block. Even the family pooch has a special wash bay or it's a perfect tack room with wash facilities and toilet.
Improvements are plentiful here. The main workshop measures 14m x7.8m and has single-phase power (3-phase is available to meter board). A freestanding shed complex provides a few basic stables, storage and a purpose built greenhouse/garden facility with a prolific veggie patch. Separate from this is the old hay shed with lean-to, timber cattle yards, loading ramp and crush. There really is a lot to absorb here including a mature fruit tree orchard and a garden that is full of autumn colour.
Pictures paint a thousand words but only a viewing will reveal the extent of this delightful property that might have you at "hello"...
• Circa 1880 solid Bluestone residence with brick extension (approx. 40 yrs old).
• Wide verandas fitted with charming lace balustrade to stone portion.
• Miele appliances in kitchen incl microwave, coffee machine & dishwasher.
• Scandinavian wood stove featured in dine/kitchen area.
• Saxon wood heater in rear living room + split system r/c air conditioner.
• Several feature open fireplaces to original homestead.
• Telstra high-speed internet in use at property.
SHEDDING & EXTERNAL IMPROVEMENTS:
• Main workshop in Coach house (approx. 14m x 7.8m). Single-phase power (3 phase to power board).
• Dressage arena- full size. Fenced with shell grit base.
• In-ground swimming pool - salt chlorinated with adjoining stone outbuildings.
• Separate laundry (stone building) including an external toilet.
• Undercover parking for 3 vehicles (adjoins both house and laundry)
• Securely fenced rear yard for dog/kids with dining Gazebo.
• Multi-purpose shed for storage and garden use. Greenhouse adjoins. A few extra stables – basic.
• Original old hay shed with lean-to storage adjoining.
• Timber holding/cattle yards with loading ramp and crush.
• Fenced into 4 paddocks. Currently used for cattle and horses.
• Well maintained farming land suitable for hay cutting.
• Two street frontage – B&B access from Onkaparinga Valley Road. Residence via McVitties Road.
THE COACH HOUSE B&B STRUCTURE:
• Solid stone & brick building incorporating B&B, stables and shedding.
• Fully self-contained B&B comprises 1 bed, 1 bath with spa & kitchen. Nectre slow combustion heater/stove plus split system r/c air conditioner.
• Adjoining stone section is now converted to fully enclosed, secure shed/workshop. 3 roller doors. Concrete floor. Single-phase power connected (3 phase to meter box).
• Another wing in this structure offers 3 stables and a wash/toilet facility.
• Full-size enviro cycle septic for residence and B&B.
• Large dam for garden & stock water (not equipped).
• Creek traverses front of the property.
• Mains water connected to residence.
• 4 Rainwater tanks - 3 poly & 1 cement. Approx 75,000 litres in total.
Due to Covid-19 requirements, all people who intend to inspect this property must register by email. Please supply ALL attendee names, mobile, email & suburb. Thank you for your understanding & assistance.
*Whilst every endeavour has been made to verify the correct details in this marketing neither the agent, vendor or contracted illustrator take any responsibility for any omission, wrongful inclusion, misdescription or typographical error in this marketing material. Accordingly, all interested parties should make their own enquiries to verify the information provided.
The floor plan included in this marketing material is for illustration purposes only, all measurement are approximate and is intended as an artistic impression only. Any fixtures shown may not necessarily be included in the sale contract and it is essential that any queries are directed to the agent. Any information that is intended to be relied upon should be independently verified