Close to everything!
Architectural Flair – 7.94 HA
811A Torrens Valley Road, Birdwood
*** INSPECTING PROPERTY WITH US: Please call to arrange a live digital inspection with Christine Morris on 0419 685 200. This service is available by appointment during the current COVID-19 environment. ***
Positioned to take advantage of this remarkable location, “Toombah” offers a rare home site overlooking the River Torrens. With approximately 20 acres of quality country incorporating extensive river frontage it is a perfect lifestyle opportunity. Guaranteed to spark intrigue, this property provides fully renovated interiors to compliment the unique architectural nature of the home. Coupled with substantial shedding, significant water resource and beautiful land – it will have you at “hello”.
A natural flair for design is immediately evident here. Ceilings soar and views beckon as life amid open plan living invites you in. If you love things that are not “cookie cutter”, this home is for you. Renovated from top to tail it has something of beauty or interest at every turn.
Granite benchtops are flooded with natural light in a stunning kitchen that boasts a gorgeous black Smeg cooker and Bosch appliances. Naturally, there is a butlers’ pantry with wine fridge and an island bench that guests will gravitate to upon arrival.
Decorative iron balustrade wraps the staircase adding functional art to the space as does the raw beauty of stunning stone fireplace in the family lounge. Extensive glass captures views to impress in every direction with living spread over 2 storeys to comprise both formal and family spaces. Sleeping quarters are all on the upper level with 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms whilst the lower level offers bedroom 5 (or a study) and a 3rd bathroom.
Finished in glass, the upper level balcony is designed to capitalize on a picturesque landscape. Downstairs the verandas provide sheltered outdoor living and entertaining spaces that are bordered by sweeping lawns. An impressive selection of established European, deciduous and fruit trees compliment the property and will provide endless enjoyment for every-one.
Gentlemen will be happy with an impressive 18m x 9m shed with mezzanine storage and 3 phase power in place. Gardeners will love the virtually unlimited water resources with an impressive bore, over 100,000 litres of tank storage plus unrestricted access to the river. You will never worry about water again. Land is sectioned into 3 paddocks suitable for stock or horses.
Inspirational, unique, exciting – whether you are looking for a wholesome property to raise a family or a beautiful location to retire to - this may be the one you’ve been waiting for?
Top 3 things the owner loves:
• Relaxed river setting
• Everything about the kitchen & butlers’ pantry.
• Greenery, space, low cost living (ok that’s more than 3!)
• Architectural build, Circa 1980. Concrete & timber frame.
• 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, multiple living zones.
• A good variety of built in cupboards & storage spaces.
• Two 8kw split system air conditioners and ceiling fan.
• Stunning Smeg 6 burner stove & Bosch dishwasher.
• Feature stone fireplace.
• Extensive floodlit double carport with concrete base and external power.
• Fruit trees: mulberry, olive, quince, plum & fig.
Farm improvements & water:
• Approx 18m x 9m shed with 3 phase power and mezzanine storage area.
• Equipped 3 phase bore, approx. 20,000gph @ 900ppm.
• Approx 50,000 litre fibreglass header tank for bore water.
• Rainwater stored in two 22,500 litre tanks plus one 13,000 litre tank.
• River Torrens is central to the farm with access via easement concrete cross over.
• Aerobic/Oxy system for home septic.
• Easy access to roof and solid anchor points for solar installation to become off grid
• Single phase power to residence.
• New electric hot water service.
• Wireless internet & Foxtel.
• Adelaide Hills Council rates $483.65/quarter.
The Adelaide Hills offers a relaxing lifestyle surrounded by open spaces, wineries and fresh produce. The Birdwood/Gumeracha area is nestled at fringe of the Adelaide Hills wine region, bordering the Barossa Valley.
Living in this area you can enjoy:
· Local farmers and artisan markets
· Cellar doors, distilleries and breweries
· Easy access to mountain bike and hiking trails
· Active café culture
· Good access to local public schools with private schools nearby.
· Gumeracha District Hospital
· Child Care options
· Community Events
The central location of the Birdwood/Gumeracha area allows for an easy commute in all directions; as such commute times from this property are:
· 15min to Woodside
· 25 min to Tea Tree Gully
· 30 min to the Murray River
· 60 min to Adelaide International Airport
· 40 min to the Toll Gate
· 40 min to the Edinburgh Defence Precinct