Sold on 7th of July 2021
Open For Inspection
- June 30, 2021 4:45 pm - 5:30 pm
- July 4, 2021 11:00 am - 11:45 am
COUNTRY COTTAGE - 1.3 HA - NO NEIGHBOURS
Tucked away from the world down a private winding driveway, you will discover a charming 1920's brick cottage nestled amid pretty gardens. Set away from the hustle and bustle of modern life, this 3-acre gem enjoys no close neighbours, a good bore and room to pursue that long-held dream of a peaceful life in the country.
Bordered by wide shady verandahs the residence is located 5 minutes away from Birdwood and all of its services. Things we love include 10ft ceilings, a central hallway and the bliss of larger rooms with a glimpse of the garden in each space. Living is divided into several areas. A feature is the family room with large picture windows that frame rural views. Adjoining is a formal dining or potential lounge with a wood heater plus the sitting room (ideal 4th bedroom).
The heart of any home is the kitchen and this one is filled with warmth and country style. A classic "Stanley" wood stove takes pride of place, there is a beautiful bay window trapping natural light and the best part is an enormous walk-in pantry – oh the storage!! Sleeping quarters are spacious plus there is a dedicated study. If you love to entertain the enclosed rear sunroom will be a family favourite. Measuring 11m x 4m there is abundant room for the joy of indoor/outdoor living without the annoying mozzies.
Garden lovers will find their passion renewed here amid a delightful array of mature shady tree's, sweeping lawns and colourful flowers nestled in numerous garden beds. External improvements include a triple carport with adjoining store shed providing roughly 140sqm of space in total. Your chooks will be safe in their own coop with a fox-proof fence plus there are a few animal shelters in 3 existing paddocks. Gently sloping, the land is traversed by a winter creek and will make the ideal home for your 4 legged furry friends.
Surrounded by rural farming land this is a peaceful space with no close neighbours and bitumen road frontage. Properties like this are incredibly hard to find – act now!
Top 3 things the owner loves:
• No neighbours/peaceful location.
• Country kitchen & Stanley wood stove.
• Gardens & wildlife it attracts.
• Circa 1920's home, majority double brick & render construction.
• Wide verandah on 3 sides with huge rear verandah/living, fully enclosed.
• Stanley wood heating kitchen stove + Wood heater in dine/lounge.
• Reverse cycle split system air conditioner to family room.
• Skylights to kitchen and formal dine/lounge.
• Single phase power to house and shed.
• 3 phase power-pole at front of the block.
• Electric hot water service.
• 5000L poly plus galv tank for rainwater.
• Equipped bore with quality water for the garden.
• Residence 234sqm living + 103sqm verandah. Total 337sqm.
• Fenced into 3 paddocks with pine post and rail fencing.
• Gravel drive to home with cross over the bridge at the creek.
• Footbridge in gardens to the eastern paddock.
• 12m x 6m carport – room for 3 vehicles. Gravel base.
• Adjoining store sheds – both are 6m x 6m with power.
• Chook house and fox proof fenced run.
• 3 paddocks and a few small animal shelters.
Due to Covid-19 requirements, all people who intend to inspect this property must register by email. Please supply ALL attendee names, mobile, email & suburb. Thank you for your understanding & assistance.
*Whilst every endeavour has been made to verify the correct details in this marketing neither the agent, vendor or contracted illustrator take any responsibility for any omission, wrongful inclusion, misdescription or typographical error in this marketing material. Accordingly, all interested parties should make their own enquiries to verify the information provided.
The floor plan included in this marketing material is for illustration purposes only, all measurements are approximate and is intended as an artistic impression only. Any fixtures shown may not necessarily be included in the sale contract and it is essential that any queries are directed to the agent. Any information that is intended to be relied upon should be independently verified.